MasterMinds on Facebook

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Halfway Point

I'm only halfway through the audio recording for two reasons:

1) I've gone crazy with working on my book writing, and as far as I'm concerned, original works trump parody.  I love writing...

2) Television in HD in my room and E3.  E3 is BIG.  I've watched the Portal 2 trailer and all its associated videos about fifty times, and I'm fairly certain that my little brother is now sick of me barging into his room to show him awesome new Portal 2 stuff.  Seriously, the music makes me happy, hearing GLaDOS makes me happy, watching turrets get sucked into vents and explode with lasers makes me happy...I'm just all giggly.

So yeah, it's slow going, and the people bugging me for the next episode are only delaying its release--it puts me in a cranky mood and I just don't work on it.  Instead, I watch the Discovery Channel 25th Anniversary two-hour Mythbusters special.  That's two whole hours I could've been working on an episode, and instead I'm watching explosion montages.

Food for thought.

=_= ~*(cyh)*
 Word of the day: Incongruous.
"Two incongruous triangles are the equilateral and the isosceles."

10 comments:

  1. I love Wheatley! AAAAAAAA, no that's not it. AAAAAAAB, not that's not it either. Hey, are you writing these down?
    You have to wonder how he got his accent though. I mean, he was made at Aperture Science, so obviously, he's not British, yet he has a British accent. None of this makes any sense at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, here's the exact quote:
    AAAAAA? No, that's not it. AAAAAC? Wait, did I do B? Have you got a pen? Start writing these down.
    Wheatley is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You Rock, Cyh. Take all the time you need getting it done. Every time I play portal now I'm imagining you ranting insanely in my head. XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't worry, Sarah(at least that's your nickname as you said in the last post on the comments). We can be impatient sometime, but hey, quality is what matters. You can take your time making the next episode. As long as it's good, it's worth the wait.

    Also, this year's E3 rocks! Portal 2 is what got me excited about E3. But too bad it was delayed to 2011.

    And GLaDOS is really creepy:

    "Oh, it's you... It's been a long time. How have you been? I've been really busy being dead. You know...after you murdered me? Okay look, we both said a lot of things that you are going to regret. But I think we should put our differences behind us. For science. You monster."

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, as much as I like GLaDOS as a villian, I'm kind of disappointed they brought her back. It wrecked the illusion that GLaDOS was a slave, forced to work for people, doing things she didn't want to do, and that drove her over the edge, causing her to kill the staff of Aperture Science, and trying to kill Chell, though that was just encouragement for Chell to kill GLaDOS and free her from her bondage. But, I think it will be interesting to see where they take the story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awsome. Take your time.

    I don't "mind"!
    (Punchline Drums, fallowed by crickets)
    What?! You don't like cheesy jokes!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actualy noticed that the password in the gameplay video from portal 2 has 6 letters so is there a chance that the password is actualy "GLaDOS" ?

    @Cyh Take your time with Chell`s Mind if it means it gets better, than its worth waiting =)

    Mfg Headhunter47

    PS: I apologize for wrong gramma/spelish , English is not my first language =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey I didn't know you write a book. What kind is it. I also write a book myself but it is going kinda slow (6 years now) I have almost a complete story in my head but I can never find a time or good motivation to sit and write.
    Lp

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Jure: It's a fantasy/romance. Comedy and drama in a neat little package. I've been writing and rewriting it since I was 14 years old.

    ReplyDelete

If you're rude, I'll delete you from the space-time continuum, as well as the time-space discontinuum, and also this blog. Then I'll send Hannibal Lecter after you--he likes to eat rude people.

After reviewing comments, I have decided to include Valve Time, as well as variable-Valve-time--with Lift--to the above list of obliteration-friendly continua.